• JoomlaWorks Simple Image Rotator
  • JoomlaWorks Simple Image Rotator
  • JoomlaWorks Simple Image Rotator
  • JoomlaWorks Simple Image Rotator

Town Hall Calendar
August 2019
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
User Options
Home Phone Directory

Latest News

Town Clerk & Registrar of Vital Statistics


Linda R. Amerighi-CCTC

Town Clerk/Registrar of Vital Statistics

Asst. Town Clerk - Marlene Woodman
Asst. Registrar of Vital Statistics - Marlene Woodman


Sharon Town Clerk
63 Main Street

P.O.Box 224
Sharon, CT 06069

Monday-Thursday 8:30-12:00 1:00-4:00
Friday 8:30 -12:00

Telephone: (860) 364-5224
Fax: (860) 492-7025
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Land Records
You can now perform on line searches go to:


( copy charges will apply)

On line records date from 1988 forward

The Town Clerks office maintains records pertaining to property transactions in the Town of Sharon

such as deeds, mortgages, liens, maps, condominium documents, easements and certain probate matters.

Recording fees are normally $60.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page.  If a deed to be recorded is a deed with Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems Inc.  Please be advised that the fees are different. 

When recording a document with conveyance consideration, an additional $2.00 fee is charged to cover administrative costs for filing the forms with the State of Connecticut Revenue Department.

Dog Licensing
[Download Form]

Pursuant to Connecticut General Statute the owner of each dog over the age of six (6) months must license their dog(s) with the Office of the Town Clerk in the town of residence no later than the 30th of June each year.

For first time licensing, or if your dog's rabies vaccination has expired, you must include a valid rabies certificate in order to license your dog(s). To obtain the discounted license fee for spayed or neutered animals you must include a copy of the spay/neuter certificate.

The licensing fee is $19.00 for each unaltered dog or $8.00 for each spayed or neutered dog. There is a $1.00 per month late fee assessed for overdue licenses. Failure to license your dog(s)is punishable by a fine in the amount of $75.00 per dog.

Licenses may be obtained in person at the Sharon Town Clerk's office during normal business hours,Monday-Thursday 8:30am-12 & 1:00pm-4:00pm and Fridays 8:30am-12 noon.You may also obtain licenses through the U.S. Postal Service. Should you choose to use the mail please print the form and return it with full payment to the Sharon Town Clerk,PO Box 224, Sharon,CT 06069, along with a self-addressed,stamped envelope for the return of the dog tags.Be sure to enclose proof of rabies vaccination and proof of neutering/spaying.Checks must be marked payable to the Sharon Town Clerk.Please complete a separate form for each dog.

Marriage Licenses
Request for Certified Copy of Marriage
Also can be ordered via email follow instructions below under birth request.


Individuals getting married in Connecticut must obtain their marriage license no more than 65 days before their wedding from the Town Clerk's office in the town where the wedding is to take place. Both parties must apply for the license in person, but they do not have to appear together. The fee for a marriage license is $50.00.The fee for certified copies of marriage licenses is $20.00 per copy.


Birth Certificates - $20.00 each

State of Connecticut - Department of Public Health



Copies of birth certificates are on file in the Town Clerk's office in the town of occurrence, in the Town Clerk's office in the town of residence of the mother at time of birth,

and the State of Connecticut Department of Vital Statistics in Hartford.

You may obtain a certified copy from any of these sources.

The fee is $20.00 per copy.

All requests for birth certificates must be made in writing. If you are requesting a birth certificate by mail, please include the following:

  1. Full name and date of birth of individual named on the certificate
  2. Parents' full names when birth occurred (including mother's maiden name)
  3. Proof of identification (copy of your current driver's license or any other state issued photo ID)

If photo ID is not available, copies of two of the following may be used:
Social Security card, written verification of identity from employer (on letter head), automobile registration, copy of utility bill showing name and address, pay stub with name and address on it, checking account deposit slip stating name and address. Please see attachment to Form which list additional proofs of identity, or click on the link above directly to the Department of Public Health for information regarding identification requirements.

Note:  Grandparents - You must provide a copy of your childs birth certificate in order to obtain your grandchilds birth certificate.  All out of State Birth Certificates shall be certified copies.
            Spouses - Please provide a copy of certified Marriage License along with a signed release and photo of spouses drivers license in order to obtain certified copy of your spouses Birth Certificate.

Please be sure to include address where the certificate is to be sent, and all requests must be signed.




You can now order your birth certificate via email

All requirements are as stated above for obtaining a birth certificate.
If you cannot come in or need your birth certificate in a hurry please follow the following.

1. Print the request form and complete
2. Photocopy your current state issued photo identification (must not be expired past 1 year)
*for other types of identification please see list with request form
3. Pay using credit card - visit
4. use code a0031o  - A, zero, zero, three, one, O as in open,   Print out the paid receipt.

Email the request form, copy of drivers license and credit card receipt to:
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Note:  Requests will be processed within 24 to 48 hours.  If you wish to have it expedited please also include a FedEx prepaid label. 
We do not use UPS.


Death Certificates - $20.00  
Also can be ordered via email follow above instructions under birth request.

Request for Certified Copy of Death Certificate

Copies of death certificates are on file in the Town Clerk's office where an individual died, the Town Clerks office where an individual resided before their death, and the State of Connecticut Department of Vital Statistics in Hartford.


In order to obtain a certified copy of a death certificate, you must provide the name and date of death of the individual.
Other information is required.  See form.

The fee for certified copies is $20.00 per copy.

Sporting Licenses

Hunting & Fishing Licenses are now issued by Computer via the State.

If you are not in the computerized system,you must provide proof of a hunter safety course/bow hunting course,or having a previous license issued in the previous year.

You can receive all your huntings licenses/permits at the DEP website and order directly from them. 

The Town of Sharon has discontinued selling licenses due to computer issues.  You can still obtain licenses in nearby Town Clerk's offices.

For pricing and detailed information please go to www.ct.gov/dep/hunting

Sporting Licenses are issued for a calendar year.No hunting or trapping license will be issued to any person unless proof is provided that they held a resident license within the last five years,

a certificate indicating successful completion of a Connecticut Conservation Education/Firearms Course or certificate showing completion of equivalent state course.

Veteran's Papers

Any veteran may file their discharge papers with the Town Clerks office free of charge.

Original DD214s or certified copies of DD214s are acceptable when certified from the records of another Town Clerk's Office in Connecticut.

After filing their DD214, any veteran who served in the military during a time of war may apply for a property tax exemption on their home or automobile.

Veteran's Papers are confidential Records


Trade Names/Dissolution of Trade Name - Filing Fee - $10.00

Trade Name Appliation       Dissolution of Trade Name Applicaton

State of Connecticut Statute Section 35-1(a) requires any person doing business in Connecticut, except as provided by statute,

under any name other than name of the person or persons conducting or transacting such business,

must register a trade name certificate with the Town Clerks office in the town where the business is or is to be conducted or transacted.

Trade Name certificates are available at the Town Clerks office.

The fee for filing a Trade Name Certificate is $10.00.

Liquor Permits - Filing Fee - $20.00

Sec. 30-53. Permit to be recorded.  Each permit granted or renewed by the Department of Consumer Protection
shall be of no effect until a duplicate thereof has been filed by the permittee with the
town clerk of the town within which the club or place of business described in such permit is

Please bring in the Liquor Permit to be signed and sealed by the Town Clerk.  The filing fee is $20.00. 
The permit will be returned to you and a copy will be on file in the office.

The Permit MUST be displayed in your place of business.



The recording fee for a map is $20.00.Subdivision Map $30.00


Copies of land records are available for $1.00 per page copy.Survey maps are $2.00 each.
There is a $2.00 fee to certify a copy of a document.

Map of Sharon

Please visit  www.mailamap.com